December 21, 2022 marked the 40th anniversary of the founding of the Atelier Circulaire. To celebrate this anniversary, we have organized special programming, supported by funding from the Canada Council for the Arts. Composed of several events, this program aims to raise awareness of the vitality and diversity of current practices in the printed arts as well as to outline the future prospects for our discipline, in an artistic landscape in constant transformation.
More than that, these activities will allow us to build more connections, to gather, network and meet, and to reach out to a wide audience interested in the printed arts.
We will hold a series of conversations on the following themes :
- The place of printmaking art in the visual arts - March 25, 2-4pm
- The Actual Printmaking Art Pratices in Inuit Communities - April 15, 2-4pm
- Printmaking art and ecoresponsibility: issues and practices - May 18, 5 to 7 pm
- Printmaking Art and Socio-political Engagement - June 8, 5-7pm
- Printmaking art and the Code of Ethics for Original Printmaking - November 9, 5-7pm
These conversations will then be broadcast in the form of a podcast, posted on our website and elsewhere.
In October 2023, a commemorative exhibition will be produced from the Circular Workshop's collection of printed works.
To follow the development of our special 40th anniversary program, we invite you to stay tuned to our next newsletters, our publications on social networks and to visit our website.
We look forward to seeing you there!